Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 0.1... Ready... Fight!


Ugh.  Woke up with a sinus headache.   I am sure this dope brought some of that on himself by drinking a Holy Trinity of Happy - beer, sake, and whiskey last night.  I also gave in to the itching siren's call and scratched one ear too much, so today it is a little crusty and irritated.

Well, and total bummer, but alcohol is definitely a 'trigger' for my issues - when I drink I feel sinus inflammation begin almost immediately and it also seems to make my ears itchier.  IPAs are my favorite brew style but they also seem to be the biggest inflammation / reaction offender of all other beverages.  I've known this for awhile, but I have chosen to ignore / just deal with that fact for a long time, since I love them, and it was before I got a few ear infections recently..  Once this 'elimination diet' process runs its course, I'm hoping I can get health under control so that a little wine will be OK.

8:00 - Coffee and coconut water.

11:00 - Big bowl of Madras lentils and biryani rice

2:00 - Bowl of Bombay potatoes and chickpeas; coffee

Yeah, there's an Indian cuisine theme here - mostly because they come in tasty little lazy microwaveable bags.

5:00 - I made some couscous and wanted to stuff it in some grape leaves I brought with me..  I've been wanting to try some crazy stuff with grape leaves, but I have no idea how to prepare them... aaaaaand I still don't.  These particular grape leaves seemed very thick and really too tough to eat, even though the flavor of the couscous in them was not bad.  Fail.  So, I defaulted to Madras lentils and couscous, which was really tasty together.

9:00 - Bag of Cheez-its and a York.  Whaatt?   Couple shots of Johnny Black left.

Have to be honest with the food log.  Ugh.  Embarrassing.

Flipped on the tele and watched Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.  Wow, Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson sure were just wee folk back then.  Heading to bed with a headache and itchy ears.



No comments:

Post a Comment