Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 5 - Throw Momma From The SUV


Interesting side-effect of this juicing experience - last night makes three nights in a row remembering the dream I was having when I woke up.  This time, for some reason my whole extended family decided to move to Idaho for the snowboarding.  We were driving up a mountain highway pass with my mom, who thinks she is a great driver because she uses one foot to brake and the other to accelerate, as if she's driving a Star Wars Landspeeder instead of a large SUV.  In the dream, she made a jarring left turn, and I flew out the window and ended up hanging onto the highway guard railing ahead (somehow?) of her silver Acura MDX, dangling off the edge of the mountain.  Then my mother drove so close to the railing her SUV scraped my exposed fingers with her SUV on the road side of the guard rail. Somehow, *poof*, I end up back in her SUV, with only minor scrapes on the tops of my fingers.  I told her sternly, "SEE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!"  My mom made a surprised face and a nervous chuckle.  My brother just sat scared with an incredulous look on his face in the back seat.

Dreams are weird.  I love my mom; it was just a funny dream.  But a weird one.

Just a minor headache today, very minor.  I was unable to avoid messing with my ears a little last night and both 'wept' a little.  Argh.  I'm vowing to try not to touch them for a few days no matter what.

7:30 - 1/2 Kombucha

Didn't upset my stomach, so I think it is ok.

8:30 - Evolution Sweet Greens

12:00 - Vitamix - Kale, Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger

3:30 - Kale, Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger

Headache so I doubled down on juice.

3:45 - Coconut Water

Headache breaking pretty bad, so I pounded some coconut water.

I think today I may rest completely, not even go for a walk today.  I can't afford for the headache to get worse.  I was going to hit yoga, but I think I will pass now.

5:30 - Kale, Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger

Headache feeling better after coconut water and juice - I'm going to go for a walkabout to Jimbo's.

6:30 - Evolution Protein

Stocked up on produce for the next couple days of juicing.  I hustled as fast as I could to get out of there because it is loaded with so many amazing goodies - and the healthy goodies were what were speaking to me the loudest.  That's a good sign.

Taxi'd home with the bags of groceries for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment