Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 3 - Sausages, Sausages..

I woke up from a pretty nice dream at 6:00 am this morning.  In the dream, I was making sausage sandwiches on a griddle with balsamic caramelized onions.  Mmmm..  I laughed to myself in bed and couldn't stop saying "sausages.. sausages..  sausages.." mimicking Chris Farley.  I've been slamming lot of vegan italian sausages with roasted veggies lately, including some with chopped balsamic cippolini's.  They're amazing.  Crikey, I'm hungry for one.

6:30 - Grabbed an Orange Mango Carrot (Evolution Juice) to guzzle on the way to the ocean.  

I decided to drive to Sunset Cliffs and just walk up the coast.  I walked up and down the coast, feeling pretty good, outside of my knee, which keeps feeling like my lower leg is disconnected from the knee. It is a creepy feeling.  Pushing it too much in yoga seems to loosen it even more.  Eventually I know I've got to break down and get it rebuilt to keep enjoying things I like to do.

The walk was beautiful, and the ocean air was fantastic.  Halfway back to the car I was pretty beat..  Made it to the car with the 'worn out buzz' and a growing headache, likely due to not eating solid foods.  I drove back to the hotel where I'm writing this and want to crash out, but I have to pack up and check out and find a cheap motel tonight.

I've decided to include some protein in this process to avoid losing too much muscle.  Some muscle loss is inevitable, but I'd like to stay somewhat active and the protein should help.

9:30 - Evolution Protein

Tried to take a nap..  mostly just closed my eyes for 30 minutes.  Headache, eyes itchy, ears itchy, and one is crusty.  Argh.

Booked one night at a Hyatt on Priceline.  This place is schwanky and cost the same as Best Western.  Amazing view of the harbor.  Too bad my head feels like it is about to cave in.

Went and hit a couple buckets of golf balls at Mission Bay for 'exercise.'  Pretty horrible results, but it was fun to be outside with no Bermuda grass.

2:30 - Coconut Water

3:00 - Evolution Sweet Green

Crashing..

4:00 - Evolution Essential Vegetable

Had some kidney pain while urinating.  Drank a half liter of water.

Good news - my left ear is not scaly or painful.  Just a little irritated.  Only my right, which I made the mistake of scratching a couple of days ago.

Ran out of water, wandered around until I found a Ralph's.

7:00 - Kombucha

Crashing.  Hard.  Bed at 8:00 not because I am tired, but because my headache had me curled up in a fetal position all night.  I am also nauseated, but I'm not sure if it is the migraine or the kombucha.  Perhaps both.

My left ear itched pretty bad and it did not take much manhandling to 'break' and discharge.  Argh.  Insult to injury today.

11:00 - 2:00 AM.  Now I know why they put me close to the harbor as a cheap 'Priceline' room - the fog horn, the trolley station make a lot of noise, as do the partying neighbors down the hall.

My head hurts too much to care.


No comments:

Post a Comment