Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 10 - The Gathering

Well, I've reached day 10.  Booyah!  I feel physically better today than any day of the fast, ironically.  I woke up at 4:00 am with extreme itchiness, but went back to bed, slept until 8:00, and have been lazy all morning.  I feel good.  Part of me wants to keep going, keep pushing, even as I type that "I need to stick with my plan and stop."

Today is my mom's birthday.  I'm bummed I can't be there for The Gathering Bruce Druidic Circle, which gets better and better every year.  While not a druid as a jack-of-all-trades, I'm a Druid-friendly Bard in the realm where Dungeons and Dragons is real.  It is real in our realm too, of course, we just pretend it isn't.  My mom is not a Druid either (she's a Cleric, a healer with +5 skill points in baking) and isn't altogether usually outwardly Druid-friendly (but on the inside she is truly a repressed hippy).  However it is her party, and even though Druids and Clerics don't traditionally get along, my mom's character alignment is Lawful Neutral, which works well with Druids who are always Neutral, despite some philosophical conflicts.

We're lucky to have mum.  My other sister, who is also a Cleric of Nephi, lives in Texas and is always missed at these gatherings.

8:30 - Jungle Juice

12:00 - Jungle Juice

Drove to Coronado Island to wander Silver Strand State Park, one of my favorite beaches in San Diego.  The marine layer kept it hazy and cool and perfect.  I walked about 4-5 miles and wore myself out.  There are hardly any people there this time of year so the quiet walk was just what I was looking for.

Headed back to the hotel for some juice, a shower, and some rest.

3:15 - Jungle Juice

6:30 - Jungle Juice

Served in a wine glass to celebrate the final night.

I'm not going anywhere tonight, going to rest and dream about raw vegan breakfast tomorrow..

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment