Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 9 - Winner's Eve

Two days left.

I've decided to stick to my original plan, which was 7-10 days, then a transition to raw fruits and vegetables.

I am going to make it to 10 days.  I have been starting to think I'll go for 14, 21, and crazily, maybe even 40..  I think I need to temper my enthusiasm, take the 10 day victory, and transition.  I can still juice and just add a healthy meal or two in.

It is easy to 'get ahead of yourself', something I commonly recognize as a weakness of mine..  Keep reaching, keep pushing...  Which can cause you to both lose sight of your initial goal, endlessly moving the goalposts.  This can lead to lack of personal, internal self-recognition for accomplishing what you set out to do and / or devaluation of what you DID achieve.

Next year I'll try another fast, I believe.  This has been a great experience.  It isn't done of course - today, tomorrow, then 5 days of weaning clean foods back in slowly - but the weaning will be more fun.

8:00 - Pineapple, Banana, Hemp + last of Wednesday's JOTD

Ears are still very itchy and scaly today.. both of them..  applying vinegar and cream is doing little..  The only real 'break' I have found is to distract myself..  Just get out and do something, especially physical.  Body doesn't notice the itch while exercising.

I've also got a moaning headache.  Seems to be par for the course.

11:00 - Pineapple, Banana, Hemp + last of Wednesday's JOTD

2:00 - Coconut Water

Still fighting a bad headache.  I think I pushed it too hard walking 18 holes yesterday.  Probably dropped a pound or two.

Now that I can see the end, I'm craving artichokes.  It is the first thing I'm going to eat.

With one day left, and a fridge full of produce, I decided to make a 'jungle juice' cocktail for today and tomorrow.

Kale, Beets, Dandelion Greens, Pineapple, Green Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger, Parsley

Had to clean the juicer three times, but I have a massive pitcher full of jungle juice..

4:00 - Jungle Juice

Tough night.

I wandered downtown after a really long, hot shower.  The shower seemed to help my headache - it went from 8/10 to 4/10.  Remember that one.  I went for a walk to Jimbo's.

7:00 - Carrot, Spinach, Ginger, Lemon and a shot of wheatgrass.

After I left I almost caved and hit a pub more than once.  I soldiered on.  I went to a movie to hide for a couple of hours.

Then I walked home.  Ugh, not in the mood for seeing through The Matrix tonight.  Gaslamp felt like a bad Kurt Russell 'Escape From (?)' movie.

Really missing my kids.  I'm definitely feeling healthier but wish they could come stay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment